Elder Abuse Prevention
SOS (Safe Observant Senior) Program
Keeping seniors safe and secure.
Elder abuse happens when someone breaks your trust, and violates your safety and security. It comes in many forms and may be physical, financial, verbal or emotional in nature. If you or someone you know has fallen victim to elder abuse, we are here to help.
- Virtual or in-person short term crisis counseling and support groups
- Liaison with the criminal justice system to keep you informed every step of the way
- Assistance obtaining and understanding court orders of protection
- Assistance investigating and resolving suspected financial exploitation
- Assistance filing for Crime Victims Compensation through NYS
- Access to FCA’s comprehensive suite of senior services
- Support with accessing and understanding community resources
- Elder Abuse Enhanced Multi-Disciplinary Team coordination for Nassau County
This program is free & confidential. Self-referrals or calls on behalf of another individual are accepted.
FCA provides coordination of the Nassau County Elder Abuse Enhanced Multidisciplinary Team. E-MDTs are made up of professionals with expertise in senior care and abuse who review and intervene in complex cases of elder abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, neglect by others, and financial exploitation). The Nassau County E-MDT helps victims residing in Nassau County who are 60 years of age or older through a collaborative approach to putting a stop to the abuse, as well as providing services to return the victim to a state of stability and safety. The teams include representatives from County Police Department, District Attorney’s Office, Adult Protective Services, Office for the Aging, law agencies, victim services, geriatric medicine and neuropsychiatry and social service agencies. For further information please contact FCA’s E-MDT Director, Jeanne Cacciatore (email@example.com).
Safe Observant Seniors (SOS) is made possible with funding from the NY Division of Criminal Justice, Federal VOCA Victim & Witness Assistance Program, New York State Office of Victims Services & Lifespan of Greater Rochester Inc.
For more information regarding the Office of Victim Services: https://ovs.ny.gov/