Harm Reduction Services
HIV, Hepatitis C (HCV) & STI Testing and Navigation
A partner of the Nassau County Regional Prevention and Support Services Initiative (RPSSI) funded by the NYS Department of Health AIDS Institute. Expansion into Suffolk County funded by Suffolk County Opioid Settlement monies.
The goal is to decrease the risk of acquiring Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), including HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV), and to improve health outcomes for People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) by providing testing, education, linkage to treatment and care coordination.
FCA offers confidential services free of charge and provides:
- Support, case management, and systems navigation
- HIV, HCV, and STI prevention education, and free condoms
- Education and awareness of PEP/PrEP medications and linkage to providers
- Links PLWHA and those at risk to treatment, prevention, and support services
- Seeking Safety intervention for individuals with a history of trauma seeking to heal
- Onsite and mobile HIV, HCV, and STI (syphilis, gonorrhea, & chlamydia) testing
- Education for Hepatitis A & B and linkage to appropriate resources
- Linkage to substance use and mental health services, including FCA Sherpa program
- Anyone who is in need of/interested in HIV, HCV, and/or STI testing
- Anyone who is living with HIV, HCV, and/or STIs who needs support and connection to care
Target populations include: MSM, women, transgender and gender non-conforming persons, people of color, immigrants, substance users including people who inject drugs (PWID), non-English Speakers and individuals living at or below the poverty line.
Lenny Spada, Assistant Director