Located in West Hempstead, Lakeview provides a therapeutic environment for adolescents, ages 13-18, with serious emotional disturbances who need a structured community setting to result in outcomes of successful functioning and integration back into the family, community, or independent living.
The program is certified through the New York State Office of Mental Health.
SERVICES & INTAKE PROCEDURE
- Behavior Management Training with Licensed Social Workers
- Medication Management, Monitoring, and Health Services with an on-site RN
- Socialization Skills & Recreational activities provided by a Recreation Specialist
- Individual and Family Group Support by a Family Peer Advocate
- Life-skills training
- Money management skills
- Maintain a safe, family-like and trauma-sensitive environment that fosters emotional,
intellectual, and physical growth.
- Effective oversight of the development and implementation of assessments and goal plans.
- Incorporate philosophies of Strength-based, family-driven, and individualized care.
- Referrals in Nassau and Suffolk Counties must go through Single Point of Access (SPOA)
- Placement is voluntary
- We are not a program for youth with a history of violence, arson or serious substance abuse problems