Nassau Haven Emergency Youth Shelter
This 12-bed, gender-inclusive, emergency shelter for youth ages 10 to 20, provides short-term housing, case management and crisis intervention to runaway and homeless youth in Nassau County.
SERVICES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF RESIDENTS
- Assistance with securing appropriate, long-term housing or resolving family conflict so youth may return home
- Case management services to guide young people in finding services that they need in the community
- Educational and vocational assistance
- Medical and mental health resources
Responsibilities of Residents at Nassau Haven
Our residents take an active role in:
- Working with staff to address immediate problems
- Setting short and long-term goals
- Maintaining daily responsibilities such as chores, curfews, work and/or school, etc.
- Respecting the rights of both staff and other residents
FCA’s Nassau Haven is certified by the New York State Office of Children and Family Services as a shelter for runaway and homeless youth. Services are provided in accordance with the New York State Runaway and Homeless Youth Act.