SMART (Senior Mobile Access to Resources and Technology) Van
The SMART Van is a new and innovative program available through the Town of Hempstead communities and will be visiting senior programs to help older adults stay engaged with technology.
Why is it important to learn about technology?
Technology is an important tool to decrease loneliness through communication with family members and friends. Additionally, online ordering and delivery services have made it possible to obtain essential items like food, groceries and medications without contact or leaving the home. Telehealth appointments are also incredibly convenient and allow easy access to health care providers, even for those with mobility issues and limited transportation. Learn technology in a friendly relaxed environment moving at your own pace.
FCA’s SMART Van offers free services (via a Mobile Tech Lab) for seniors and older community members to:
- Learn how to use technology from youth in the community
- Become comfortable using a tablet, connecting to WIFI, sending and receiving emails, searching via Google and more
- Connect with free resources from FCA
- Receive support and counseling from FCA team members
- Avoid online scams
- Improve technological literacy to continue to live well, feel well, and age well
The FCA SMART Van is made possible by funds from the CARES Act and Town of Hempstead.